Hands On! A Community Skills-Share Fair
Eighth Annual Skills Fair – Feb 10, 2018
Sustainable NE Seattle is collaborating once again with Meadowbrook Community Center to offer our 8th annual HANDS ON! community skills–share fair. FREE all day
What is a skills fair?
A day of sharing practical skills with our neighbors – we will have short workshops on a wide variety of skills, from crocheting to basic carpentry to soil building. The day will include a homemade soup luncheon with speaker Arthur Lee Jacobson presentation on "Seattle plant foraging". Meet him in the lobby after the luncheon for a walking tour about the property to look for plants to forage.
Saturday, Feb 10th, 2018
Skills from 10-5, Lunch at 12:30
Meadowbrook Community Center, 10517 35th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
- Building resilience – If we can build a neighborhood where we know how to take care of our needs close to home – we are more likely to do well in difficult times
- Growing Community – If we work together, share resources, eat and celebrate together, our community fabric grows stronger!
- Reducing waste – if we can repurpose that old sweater, it stays out of the landfill.
Some of the 2018 class offerings
- Building Productive Garden Soil
- Garden Design
- Growing MicroGreens
- Fermentation Made Easy
- Sourdough Bread
- Home Brewing
- Coffee Roasting
- Basic Carpentry & HandsOn Wiring Basic
- Best Fruit to Grow in the NW
- Mushroom Cultivation
- Train the Brain movement therapy
- Tool Sharpening
- Making Mosaics w repurposed materials
- Bike Repair & Electric Bike Conversions
- Seed Saving
- Making an Anaerobic Worm Bin
- Make it Yourself Herbal Remedies such as soothing massage oil, bath salts and liquid shower soap
- Soap Making
- IN ADDITION THIS YEAR: A clothing and book exchange. Bring gently used items and set them out in the clothing tent from 2-5. Anything not taken will be donated.