Hands On! A Community Skills-Share Fair
Ninth Annual Skills Fair – Feb 9, 2019
Sustainable NE Seattle and the NE Seattle Tool Library are collaborating once again with Meadowbrook Community Center to offer our 9th annual HANDS ON! Community Skills–Share Fair. FREE all day
What is a skills fair?
A day of sharing practical skills with our neighbors – we will have short workshops on a wide variety of skills, from sewing in the Sashiko style of Boro to basic electrical to emergency techniques aka "Stop the Bleed". The day will include a taco bar luncheon with speaker TBA.
Saturday, Feb 9th, 2019
Skills from 10-5, Lunch at 12:30
Meadowbrook Community Center, 10517 35th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
- Building resilience – If we can build a neighborhood where we know how to take care of our needs close to home – we are more likely to do well in difficult times
- Growing Community – If we work together, share resources, eat and celebrate together, our community fabric grows stronger!
- Reducing waste – if we can repurpose that old sweater, it stays out of the landfill.
Some of the 2019 class offerings
- Building Productive Garden Soil
- Building a Seattle Tilth Wormbin
- Growing MicroGreens
- Making Elderberry Syrup and Fire Cider
- Emergency Toilet Building
- Houseplant Propagation
- Edible Weed Walk
- Basic Electrical
- Emergency "Stop the Bleed" techniques
- Mushroom Cultivation
- Tool Sharpening
- (Boro) DIY Sashiko Denim Repair (bring clothes to work on)
- Simple Bike Repair
- Seed Saving
- Making an Anaerobic Worm Bin
- Binding a Book
- Mason Bee Basics
- IN ADDITION THIS YEAR: A clothing and book exchange. Bring gently used items and set them out in the clothing tent from 2-5. Anything not taken will be donated.